In the past week I have had some amazing opportunities and coincidences happen. One frustration was all it took! As I write this, I have a smile on my face… realizing that it is true, when one door shuts another opens. You just have to be looking!
I had a potential client who I’d been doing the “sell-dance” with for awhile finally decide not to move forward on their project. They love what bring to the table, want to work with me, understand how my services can really propel their concepts forward and recognize that I’m offering good value… yet they decided not to put everything on hold. GRRRR!
Ok, this happens. I haven’t been in business for over 20 years and not experienced this same situation before, but it’s still frustrating! I’m sure you can relate. The interesting thing for me was I instinctively knew this would most likely be the outcome, yet when I outright asked these 2 questions, “What specifically will motivate you to make the decision?” and “Is money the major obstacle?” I was told they were close to a decision.
After receiving the news that I wouldn’t be starting this major project, I had to redirect my focus. Fortunately I had not put all my eggs in one basket and had kept looking, talking and making business proposals. I also found the process I underwent with that client forced me to really shift my mindset and let go of the result and just go with the flow.
I don’t know which of these items were the positive influence, but I do know that one or all of them worked! I was offered a new project by a former client which starts shortly, received several referrals, identified two new potential clients and projects where I could really help add value, and I create a new way to grow my business.
Your take away….
1. Think Big — opportunities abound when you keep your eyes open to possibilities
2. Stay Positive — one set back or two isn’t enough when you have a strong will to succeed
3. Be willing to Exert some Effort in the process — we all want instant results but a little elbow grease always helps
4. Focus on the Future — Just because one potential client keeps telling you positive responses, until they put money in your hands, they are only a prospect. Don’t let any other prospects or leads pass you by!
5. Don’t Give Up! — Persistence, consistency and communicating your value in your prospect/customer’s language is key!
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.
When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
Contact me for a Complimentary Exploration Session… let me assist you to create what you want in your career or business.