If you follow my blogs on a frequent basis, you probably know that I have a strong desire to include a ‘give-back’ program in my business. Giving back is, in my opinion, an important component of any business and their corporate social responsibility (CSR). Corporate social responsibility offers a business a wonderful opportunity to connect with their community. Employees and customers are becoming very discerning about which companies they align with. CSR is one area that I believe should be included in every business, no matter how big or small.
I have called my CSR program “More Than Green (TM) because corporate social responsibility includes green initiatives, people-based initiatives (with employees, clients, suppliers, our community) and sound business practices which enable my business to thrive. When my business thrives I am better able to fulfil the other two components of this triple bottom line.
Ignite Leadership International™ embraces a More Than Green™ approach in our business activities.
- We recognize the value of people, planet & profit as equally valuable facets to business.
- We recognize this effort is a work in progress and will conduct semi-annual reviews and report the steps we are taking.
- We will also communicate on our successes as well as our challenges.
Every year I have regularly donated time, expertise or money to different initiatives around the metro Vancouver area. I continue to donate time, financial support and other resources to different organizations. I also mentor students and young business owners.
I share this, not because I want to brag about my actions. Instead, I want to share with you about my current major fundraising effort.
This project will send 6 young women to university so they become the new leaders in their communities in Northern Ghana. As leaders they will help exact change.
I chose this project for two reasons.
1. I was able to make my fund-raising very transparent and link it to the success of my business efforts. 5% of all revenues are donated to this project.
2. The project supports my key values and beliefs — education, leadership, integrity, change, opportunities and more!
Help me Create Change and Exceed my Goal:
I have now donated over 60% of my goal amount for this fiscal year!! I am well on my way to exceed this goal.
How you can help…
1. Obviously, if you purchase a product or service from Ignite Leadership International, you know that I am transferring the funds on your behalf.
2. You can donate directly. Any donation of $10 or more will receive a tax deductible receipt directly from the Create Change Foundation.