Each year I create a theme for my year. This theme underscores the efforts I take personally and professionally and in my business. It’s a great way to be more focused in your efforts, and to be clear on what you want to achieve.
In 2018 my theme was ACTION! After more than 18 months away from my business, I was back in the saddle and taking action to rebuild my business and pivot its direction required constant and persistent action. After looking at my list of accomplishments I was amazed at how much I had accomplished, and the year is still not over.
Now that we are about to enter into 2019 I am making a pivot in my focus. Action will still be a critical component to achieving my goals, but will focus more on creating growth– more specifically, meaningful growth.
What is meaningful growth?
It is growth with a purpose and clear focus. It is growth that resonates with me and my clients, and supporters. For me, meaningful growth is grounded in my values and is good for me, my business, and the world around me. My MoreThanGreen™ approach to business underpins this concept well.
In fact, “by connecting growth with purpose, leading companies make their growth agenda meaningful. And with that meaning comes bolder strategic choices and stronger ambition”
I’m all in when it comes to bolder strategic choices and stronger ambition!
My recommendation for setting yourself up for a successful 2019.
Start by recognizing your 2018 accomplishments.
- Sit down with a pen and paper and write down all of the accomplishments you achieved in 2018.
- Don’t screen your thoughts — just write them all down.
- Include things you tried but may not have worked. Implementation (regardless of result) is an accomplishment. Failures are learning opportunities too.
- Include relationships you have built, or reestablished, or kept going.
How does this list make you feel? Take time to celebrate all of these wins!!
Now, think about where you want to be 1 year from now. What do you want to be celebrating?
- Create your goals based on what you want to celebrate next December.
- What do you want to achieve?
- How will you feel?
- How will you get there?
- Post your goals in a conspicuous place so you see them everyday.
- On a weekly basis, review your week and determine if your actions have been consistently moving your toward your goals and are providing meaningful growth for you.
- If not, what do you need to change?
Participating in a Mastermind Group is an ideal way to keep yourself accountable and on the right path so you achieve your goals. I invite you to consider joining me in Coffee and Conversations Business Mastermind, starting in February. This program was overhauled to better meet the needs of small business owners, entrepreneurs, and professional practitioners.
Book an Ignition Session to explore how a mastermind can help create meaningful growth for you!