Optimizing for success
Making sure you have the right people doing the right jobs to optimize their satisfaction and achievements is critical to the success of your company. Having a behaviour assessment conducted on your team members is an easy way to ensure high performance.
What is DISC?
Assessments which focuse on individual patterns of external, observable behaviors and measure the intensity of characteristics using scales of directness and openness for each of the four styles:
Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientious.
|D = Dominance||How people address Problems and Challenges.|
|I = Influence||How people handle situations involving People and Contacts.|
|S = Steadiness||How people demonstrate Pace and Consistency.|
|C = Conscientiousness||How people react to Procedure and Constraints.|
The DISC Assessment and Report makes it easy to identify and understand our own style, recognize others and cognitively adapt to different styles, and develop a process to communicate more effectively with others.
In addition to building personal effectiveness in relationships and communication, many of the world’s most forward-thinking and successful organizations have relied upon our DISC expertise to provide them with distinct competitive advantages:
- Increase Commitment and Cooperation
- Build Effective Teams
- Resolve and Prevent Conflict
- Gain Endorsement, Credibility, Rapport
- Know or Understand Others (interpersonal skills, communication preferences, behavioral strengths, potential areas of improvement)
- Build common language
- Increase Sales
Challenges our clients face
We often recommend a behaviour assessment to our clients when they have the following concerns:
- We are hiring for a new position and want to find the right person the first time
- We have a high performance team and want a tool to leverage its success
- We want to improve productivity and collaboration
- We have teams but they aren’t accomplishing what we had hoped
- Morale is lagging and needs a boost
- Conflict between co-workers or manger and employee – we need to find a solution
Do You Know Why Behaviour Assessments Will Benefit You & Your Business?
1) Understand yourself, how you behave, what motivates you, how you think, and how you make decisions. When you know yourself, you understand how to interact with others, how to manage stress and how to find the right career for you.
2) Create a team that draws on the unique strengths of each person’s style. A diverse team created with intent leads to an increase in collaboration, communication, leadership and productivity. Team assessments and collaboration reports offer amazing insights for managers and team leads.
2) Business Managers and Human Resources Professionals alike are influenced by 75 biases during the recruitment and hiring process that affects their ability to accurately process information and make objective judgments. This leads to hiring mistakes.
2) Using a behaviour assessment as part of the hiring and recruitment process can
- Save time and money in the hiring process
- A 2010 study by the Aberdeen Group, found that organizations using assessments
- had a 75 percent year-over-year decrease in hiring costs, when compared with organizations that don’t use assessments,
- and a 250 percent greater year-over-year increase in profit per full-time equivalent.
- A 2010 study by the Aberdeen Group, found that organizations using assessments
- Prevent hiring mistakes by helping you better understand candidates beyond a great resume or stellar interview skills.
- A bad hire could cost you $7000 – $50,000 or more (depending on position/level in the organization).
- Reduce employee turnover caused by hiring the wrong person for a position or company culture.
- 75% of all hiring is due to turnover.
- Improve the fit between candidate and skills needed for the position.
- Identify what motivates a person and how best to communicate with them to optimize productivity.
- Understand the strengths of employees and design a course of long-term development to create a top performing team.
3) Assessments are a valuable Management Tool
- Revitalize current employees
- Improve communication
- Build strong employee-manager relationships
- Resolve conflict
- Develop leadership.
4) A majority of large organizations use behaviour assessments to improve their hiring and retention practices — as a small or medium sized business, shouldn’t you too? Behaviour assessements are low cost option that pay major dividends!
How We can Help You?
We are able to offer your organization a wide variety of assessments which can be used to We can also help you support and develop your existing team. We can also help augment your hiring process and help you recruit the right person for the right job.
We have been involved in helping businesses recruit employees at all levels, and to work with existing employees to develop their skills and abilities, gain confidence with changes and become better leaders.
We will manage all aspects of the assessment process so you can focus on other aspects of your business.
Our DISC Collaboration Report shows how two people, (in a single report,) interact with each other after having taken the online DISC assessment, in order to help them develop a better working relationship. The Collaboration Report helps managers and employees resolve conflict or preempt it before it happens.
How are Assessments Administered?
Once the candidate/employee completes the assessment, we will produce a personalized, confidential report based on their responses.
We conduct a thorough debrief of the report (individual or group as appropriate) so the results of the assessment are reviewed and understood.
We know from experience that this assessment is a strong foundation for successful coaching to maximize your strengths and achieve goals (both your own and those of the organization you work for).
We can assist you in creating a development plan and a coaching assignment can be provided where beneficial.
DISC — A highly detailed analysis of your Natural (i.e. personal/ internal) and Adaptive (i.e. workplace/ external) behavioral style. A person’s behavior is often the strongest predictor of fit; whether that be within a particular job, as the member of a team or as the leader of an organization.
Motivators — The perfect companion assessment to pair with DISC, Motivators measures the seven universal dimensions of motivation that drive each of us. Where as DISC predicts “How?” a person will behave, Motivators answers “Why?”
Judgement Series — The Judgment Series is a 3-step report designed to guide decision makers through their hiring and selection process from beginning to end.
Hartman Value Profile is an excellent tool which is capable of identifying your critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills.
Work Ethic Screen — establishes each broad score by addressing “Four Universal Work Ethic Requirements” needed for strong performance in virtually all positions.
Emotional Intelligence (EQI) helps users understand the correlation between the way they apply their current EIQ and the outcome of their interactions with others. This lends itself to improved decision making, leadership, reading the emotions in others and engaging in a greater number of mutually beneficial workplace outcomes.
Learning Styles — understanding learning styles offers the key to maximizing an organization’s training efficiencies, enlightening its management teams and even assembling top performing teams.
360 Assessments — pull “perception data” from numerous user’s colleagues and employees providing that user an informed “self-audit” to eliminate workplace miscommunication and improve client relationships.
We also have assessments designed for leadership, sales, customer service
and other key roles in your organization.
Are You Ready to Improve Team Dynamics and Keep The Best Employees?
We would be happy to discuss solutions we offer, including assessment options and where they could benefit you and your organization. Contact us today!